senior technician for brazing and ultrahigh vacuum processing
Sigray, Inc. has an immediate need for a full-time senior technician with at least 5 years’ experience (non-negotiable). This is an excellent opportunity to work for a rapidly growing, well-funded startup and under the guidance and mentorship of leading experts in the x-ray instrumentation field. The team has secured significant funding from the US government for its research, and is looking for a motivated technician to assemble some of its core products.
The Job: At this job, you will be working closely under the guidance of experts on x-ray sources to carefully assemble and troubleshoot next-generation x-ray sources. The daily tasks will involve mostly hands-on assembly work, with some communication with outside vendors.
On the day-to-day, you will:
- Perform high-level assembly (e.g. fritting, spot welding) at fine precision and typically performed under a microscope
- Braze medium-to-small sized components
- Assemble x-ray tubes and perform vacuum processing and bake-out of the tubes
- Maintain detailed records on parts and order statuses, input data on computer
- Keep lab straight (clean-up) and label items
The ideal candidate is someone who has pride in their work and is driven to have every product be of the highest quality possible. Training will be provided as needed.
This job may be for you if:
- You enjoy hands-on work
- Are clean, extremely meticulous and have high sensitivity to detail
- You are patient and diligent
- Have high standards for craftsmanship
- Have humility and are willing to ask clarification questions on concepts you are unsure of
- Meets schedule and takes ownership of processes
- Clean room experience
- Metallurgy and chemistry experience
- Experienced with: UHV (ultra-high vacuum), EHV, and high temperature brazing
- Working under microscopes
The Environment: Sigray is located in Concord, CA. We are (and also value like-people that are) open and honest, life-long learners, passionate, and completionists. The company is located in a 14,000 square foot facility and we are currently looking for Bay Area technical candidates to join us.
Email us at email@example.com to apply.