Sigray is looking for an engineer for brazing and ultrahigh vacuum processing.
About the Engineer for Brazing and UltraHigh Vacuum Processing Opportunity:
The Job: At this job, you will be working closely under the guidance of experts on x-ray sources to carefully assemble, process, data-collect, and troubleshoot next-generation x-ray sources. The daily tasks will involve mostly hands-on assembly, collaboration, process management, with some communication with outside vendors.
On the day-to-day, you will:
- Perform high-level assembly (e.g. fritting, spot welding) at fine precision, typically performed under a microscope
- Braze medium-to-small sized components
- Assemble x-ray tubes and perform vacuum processing and bake-out
- Maintain detailed records on parts and order statuses, input data on computer
- Create tooling, improve processes, data collection, for product improvement
- Keep lab straight (clean-up) and label items
The ideal candidate is someone who has pride in their work and is driven to have every product be of the highest quality possible. Training will be provided as needed
This job may be for you if:
- You enjoy hands-on work
- Are organized, meticulous and have high sensitivity to detail
- You are patient and diligent
- Have high standards for craftsmanship
- Are willing to ask clarification questions on concepts you are unsure of
- Meets schedule and takes ownership of processes
- Clean room experience
- Metallurgy and chemistry experience
- Experienced with: UHV (ultra-high vacuum), EHV, and high temperature brazing
- Working under microscopes
- Electrical background, automated data collection, analog circuits
- Metallurgy and materials science knowledge
The Environment: Sigray is a rapidly x-ray technology company located in Concord, CA. The company was started by Dr. Wenbing Yun, who previously founded Xradia, a world leading x-ray microscopy company that was later successfully acquired by Carl Zeiss as its x-ray microscopy unit. Sigray is well-funded by government grants and has customers from around the world. The company's culture is dynamic and R&D focused, and this is an excellent opportunity to work in a rapidly growing, dynamic company under the guidance and mentorship of leading experts in the x-ray instrumentation field.
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.