Sigray Product Overview
We aim to revolutionize the x-ray analytical instrumentation field with our patented technology. Our systems include: standalone, turnkey solutions that achieve the highest performance realizable outside of the synchrotron and x-ray system components for those seeking to develop or upgrade x-ray synchrotron beamline and laboratory-based instrumentation.
Currently, Sigray offers four major product lines:
Sigray’s proprietary x-ray optics include:
- Synchrotron axially symmetric paraboloidal mirror lens for beamline development and upgrades with major benefits over KB mirrors, including: higher flux, lower cost, and easier alignment
- Laboratory twin paraboloidal x-ray mirror lens optimal for coupling to ultrabright small spot laboratory x-ray sources.
- These mirror lenses provide substantial advantages that include focusing to a single achromatic focal spot, superior brightness preservation, and large working distances compared to conventional polycapillary optics.
Sigray’s patented x-ray sources provide orders of magnitude higher brightnesss than conventional microfocus x-ray sources through the use of innovative microstructured anode designs.
The sources feature high x-ray flux and access to multiple new target materials to provide intensity and energy-tunability previously only achievable at synchrotron light sources. The source may be bundled with an x-ray optic in the FAAST-Micro.
In addition, we offer custom x-ray sources for Talbot-Lau phase contrast interferometry upon request (email email@example.com to inquire).
AttoMap™: Standalone X-ray Analytical Microscope (microXRF & more)
With limits of detection approaching sub-femtogram levels (1-10 ppm within 1 second) and resolution down to <8 µm, the AttoMap™ x-ray analytical microscope is one of the most powerful trace elemental mapping instruments available. Its sensitivity is comparable to techniques such as LA-ICP-MS or PIXE and far exceeds the sensitivities achievable through conventional microXRF and through electron microscopy-based methods.
The Sigray AttoMap™ is a breakthrough in compositional mapping and quantification for the most challenging samples and applications, including emerging research in:
- Nanoparticles (in materials science, nanoparticle-based drug delivery, and more)
- Mineralogy (e.g. clays and trace minerals, rare earth elements in geochronology, tailings in mining)
- Advanced materials development (polymers/plastics, ceramics, batteries)
- Biological metallomics (distribution of trace elements within pathological tissues and cells
- Semiconductor trace metal and contamination mapping in process development, failure analysis, and process monitoring for both front-end and back-end packaging applications
A gallery of results demonstrating the AttoMap's capabilities can be found here.
To inquire about our products, please fill out the form below.